- 6cups Lacinto or curly kale
- halfcup uncooked crimson cabbage
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1bundle Halloumi cheese (eight oz.)
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to style
- Wash and dry kale and strip leaves off the stems, slice or reduce utilizing kitchen shears into small items (nearly like ribbons). Add to a big salad bowl.
- Pour olive oil over the kale and therapeutic massage with fingers for approx. 5 minutes.
- Add in thinly sliced cabbage, lemon zest and juice from half the lemon.
- Prime with a bit of pinch of sea salt and put aside to marinate.
- Hearth up your grill, utilizing a forged iron grill pan or precise grill on medium-high. No oil wanted!
- Whereas that’s heating up, slice your Halloumi if it’s not already – you need the slices to be fairly thick in order that they maintain up properly, I often slice one 8oz. bundle into not more than 6 slices.
- As soon as the pan is good and sizzling, add slices of Halloumi and simply watch, it’ll take only a few minutes all sides, simply examine the grill marks to be sure you like them earlier than you flip.
- Some corners may soften greater than others, however total it ought to be pretty intact! Subsequent you merely pull them off the grill with tongs and place alongside aspect your salad.
- Squeeze the remainder of your lemon allover the cheese. Optionally add black pepper and some other toppings and serve!