- 1 1/2cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2tablespoons butter
- 5ounces Gorgonzola cheese, diced
- 3-4tablespoons milk (optional)
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1clove garlic
- 1tablespoon chopped thyme
- 10ounces fresh pappardelle
- 1/3cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Parboil the cauliflower in a medium saucepan of salted, boiling water for 5 minutes, then remove, using a slotted spoon, reserving the cooking water.
- Melt the butter with the Gorgonzola in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring continuously and adding a little milk, if necessary. Do not let the mixture boil. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet or frying pan. Add the garlic and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for a few minutes until lightly browned. Remove the garlic and discard. Add the cauliflower to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the thyme and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pappardelle in the reserved cooking water, adding more boiling water, if necessary, for 2–3 minutes until al dente. Drain and add to the skillet with the cauliflower. Stir in the Gorgonzola mixture, remove from the heat, and serve sprinkled with the grated Parmesan.
This recipe was republished with permission from The Silver Spoon: Quick and Easy Italian Recipes (Phaidon, 2015); all recipes in this collection can be prepared in 30 minutes or less. This cookbook has been published in honor of the 10th anniversary of the publication in English of the iconic The Silver Spoon.